String Projects in Schools
- Violins and Cellos of appropriate sizes are lent free of charge on a long term basis to any child interested in learning them.
- We have liased with two schools in the area, St John’s CofE/Methodist primary school in Brinscall, and St George’s CofE primary school in Chorley. We have found some great Violin and Cello teachers who have set up lessons during and after school hours, either on a one-to-one or a group basis depending on the children’s needs. These lessons are optional and paid for by the individual.
- Children from other schools are also welcome to borrow an instrument, and come along to the lessons after school hours, or sort out your own lessons. Adults are too!
- In Brinscall St Johns, there is also a string group, free and open to all learners every Friday lunchtime.
- We hope to set up a similar programme in another school in the area in the near future. Please let us know if your school is interested!
If you or your child are interested in borrowing an instrument and possibly starting lessons, please let us know and we will do our best to help you!
Watch this space for our new ukelele plans! will be with you soon …